Page 731 of 876 FirstFirst ... 231631681721729730731732733741781831 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 8752

Thread: Official AMD Zen uarchitecture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey View Post
    If the $329 R7 1700 really can hit 4.0 OC on all cores then I think Intel are going to have some rather more serious problems than how attractive Ryzens packaging is....

Just saying.
    Yeah. But I think AMD, or any company really, finding ways to offer more expensive versions of products which differ only cosmetically is fine.

Especially when it is something as nice looking as the Ryzen reviewer case.

Less a problem for Intel, and more something we would like to see AMD do, in some capacity.

If I had not got my laptop, I would be in the market for one of these. Probably the $329, because overclocking. I would be willling to spend an extra 50-100 dollars for the case that comes with it. It appeals to me.

But I would never spend the extra $70 on the 1700x
    -Q

8-bit overflow
    http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-1700x-...medium=related

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/u...y-lake-IPC.png

Wccf quote a benchmark called Userbench which seem to be an evaluation method from a website that I don't know, showing 1700X being only 6% slower than i5-7500 in single-thread despite the fact that 1700X is turbo-disable while 7500 is turbo-enable.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiumMm View Post
    Hope your OC testing is not done outside :P
    It's not the chip that's in danger of burning up. It's me.

I've got the MSI X370 mobo and a giant Noctua air cooler. I'm sure the 1800X will be just fine.
    My posts do not represent my opinions or the opinions of my employer(s). I just like arguing.
    Twitter: @uncheckederror
    E-mail: thomas at semiaccurate dot com

Quote Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post
    Do consumers get a fancy box too? I still treasure my tin my FX 8350 came in.
    I have tin box from FX 8350 as well, its called shining a turd, as much as I loved it. RIP Piledriver.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerofDeath View Post
    Starting the testing process now...

Boiling hot here in TX. Not used to this weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by ValiumMm View Post
    Hope your OC testing is not done outside :P

I've got the MSI X370 mobo and a giant Noctua air cooler. I'm sure the 1800X will be just fine.

Tomorrow and the day after it will be better, with lower temperatures

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-a...T=201703020600

Respect builds but for the cost and size of a Noctua air cooler just go closed loop water.

Quote Originally Posted by inf64 View Post
    Hmm I missed 11.5 results. Can you link to them again please?
    As usual, from our trusted source of recycled news :

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700...nchmarks-leak/

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/u..._Cinebench.png

My Thermalright ULTRA-120 Extreme Black Edition cools my old LGA775 C2Q Q9450. Very soon the old C2Q Q9450 will be moved in another case and the Thermalright ULTRA-120 Extreme Black Edition will cool the new AM4 AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Great news from Thermalright:

THERMALRIGHT? AMD AM4 CPU Mount Upgrade

As we have done in the past, THERMALRIGHT? is happy to announce free AMD Ryzen upgrade kits to owners of our coolers who are upgrading their systems to AM4 CPUs. The new AM4 upgrade will be available in Europe March 6, 2017.

We would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that coolers manufactured after January 1, 2017 come with upgraded AM4 mounting kits. These AM4 kits come with mounting plate with AM4 mounting added. The new mounting kits installation is no different than our older mounting kits.

To determine if your new THERMALRIGHT? cooler has the new AM4 mounting kit, look at the instruction manual. (as shown)

Please noticed that all the FREE mounting kit upgrade available for this 3 existing mounting kit as shown.

Step1:

Check what type of mounting kit you got? (as shown)

Step2:

Please check if you have AM4 mounting holes. (as shown)

AM4 mounting holes are 54 x 90 mm center to center.

If your mount does not have the AM4 mounting holes please email us.

Users in Asia, the Americas, Australia and Africa, Russia can email us at support@thermalright.com

Users in Europe can email us at http://www.thermalright.de or at info@thermalright.de

We will need your name, mailing address and phone number as well as your email address and a copy of your cooler receipt. With your cooler receipt we will be able to determine what free mounting kit you need you need. All we ask is for you to pay the delivery fees.
    upload jpg

Noctua replied this morning no questions asked, sending the bracket as we speak

So attach the Noctua air cooler to your forehead. See if it allows your brain to run faster