Page 732 of 876 FirstFirst ... 232632682722730731732733734742782832 ... LastLast
Results 7,311 to 7,320 of 8752

Thread: Official AMD Zen uarchitecture thread

Quote Originally Posted by JeeBee View Post
    So attach the Noctua air cooler to your forehead. See if it allows your brain to run faster
    But then he would need to ask for compatible bracket for his forehead from Noctua, and oversees shipping takes couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by testbug00 View Post
    Yeah. But I think AMD, or any company really, finding ways to offer more expensive versions of products which differ only cosmetically is fine.

Especially when it is something as nice looking as the Ryzen reviewer case.

Less a problem for Intel, and more something we would like to see AMD do, in some capacity.

If I had not got my laptop, I would be in the market for one of these. Probably the $329, because overclocking. I would be willling to spend an extra 50-100 dollars for the case that comes with it. It appeals to me.

But I would never spend the extra $70 on the 1700x
    If you mean the rather nice wooden one ? Yeah. That would probably cost you ~$50+ anyway. https://videocardz.com/66321/amd-ryzen-review-kit Very nice bit of work. Laser cut and etched as a guess, but solid wood.

I wonder if reviewers get to keep it ?
    To find the right answers you must ask the right questions.

8-bit overflow
    Quote Originally Posted by muziqaz View Post
    But then he would need to ask for compatible bracket for his forehead from Noctua, and oversees shipping takes couple of weeks
    Not to mention the fact that for it to have any real effect he'd likely have to perform a delidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Drashek View Post
    Not to mention the fact that for it to have any real effect he'd likely have to perform a delidding.
    Well, he is not running Intel inside, so no need

Latest from Gibbo at OCUK-

Yes I shall have to refrain from saying any more, OC should not be an issue but someone will moan.

Still no more from me now, the 2nd of March is not too far away anyway.
    The next six days are going to drag. For sure.
    To find the right answers you must ask the right questions.

Can i make a request to Adored/Fottemberg/others with samples please? ;

Would it be possible to explore split frequency states with Ryzen in relashion to gaming ?
    Maybe two-four cores clocked really high and the other 4-6 clocked at base? That might be a dark horse way of getting the best gaming performance out of 8 core cpu/ryzen whilst keeping strong system performance?
    If a 4ghz R7 1700 cant beat i7 7700k @5ghz, im sure a split frequency state ryzen could
    As i cant recall such a review ever being made im sure you would be breaking new ground

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by french toast View Post

Would it be possible to explore split frequency states with Ryzen in relashion to gaming ?
    Maybe two-four cores clocked really high and the other 4-6 clocked at base? That might be a dark horse way of getting the best gaming performance out of 8 core cpu/ryzen whilst keeping strong system performance?
    If a 4ghz R7 1700 cant beat i7 7700k @5ghz, im sure a split frequency state ryzen could
    As i cant recall such a review ever being made im sure you would be breaking new ground

Cheers.
    A game that needs a 5GHz 7700K to produce the required framerates should probably have terrible programming involved. Expecting an 8 core cpu to perform optimally in such application is unreasonable. There are however nowdays a great amount of well threaded applications as well as plenty of games that will take advantage of ryzen. Also remember that an 8 core cpu will give you the abillity to game as well as performing video editing / simulation for example as a background task which would be almost imposible on a quad core cpu.
    Current rig: i5 3570 @3.8GHz, Asus 7750, Dell 24'' 2560X1440, Corsair Vengence 16GB Ram DDR3 @1600MHz, Chieftec 550W PSU, 480GB OCZ SSD + 500GB Seagate + 1TB WD hd, Windows 10 64-bit

The EU guys will be somewhat pressed for time for reviews but I'll be looking at doing some gaming benchmark head to head thing if I can.

I don't have a 7700K but I have a 6700K I can OC to around 4.6 or higher. MSI are sending me a Z270 and 7600K (and two 480's for Crossfire) so I can include that, and I have my old 2500K lying around. Could make for a decent video.

Quote Originally Posted by french toast View Post

Cheers.
    I'll do this test for sure when I'll have my sample.
    Everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion.

Bits And Chips Site
    Bits And Chips - ENG Twitter

Much appreciated thanks @adored/Fott