Page 738 of 876 FirstFirst ... 238638688728736737738739740748788838 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 8752

Thread: Official AMD Zen uarchitecture thread

Quote Originally Posted by french toast View Post
    I hope you are not referring to me....
    Not at all, you re some kind of innocent bystander there, in a place infected, and infested, by viral marketers, rabid intel fans, employees and share holders who are cheering any bad news or rumour about AMD..

Quote Originally Posted by Abwx View Post
    Not at all, you re some kind of innocent bystander there, in a place infected, and infested, by viral marketers, rabid intel fans, employees and share holders who are cheering any bad news or rumour about AMD..
    Ok my apologies, yea the fanbois are strong over there, never really thought about intel employees/share holders.

Quote Originally Posted by french toast View Post
    Fair enough, ive been a casual lurker over there for 10 years (now member) so im aware of at least 4/5 trolls.
    But as a person weighing up when to buy ryzen, what mobo to buy etc it would be quite prudent of me to research such matters before jumping in, i would think many people visiting these threads are in the same boat.
    Bios issues might mean its better to wait a month or two, the latency issue is very real as it was leaked months before, hopefully thats a bios fix, if not zen+, regardless that is not going to be a game changer and ryzen is still going to be an excellent product.
    I find it virtually impossible to get good info from either forums or reviews anymore. I find the forum recommendations/good reviews flow directly in proportion to ad revenue. Unfortunately it's too easy to stuff the ballot box on the internet. And as a company, why wouldn't you?

Sorry for being such a downer.

It seems that Patriot, Corsair and G.Skill will commercialize DDR4-3200/DDR4-3600 kits dedicated to Zen, with AMP profile and AMD Zen logo/certification.
    Everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion.

Bits And Chips Site
    Bits And Chips - ENG Twitter

640k who needs more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fottemberg View Post
    It seems that Patriot, Corsair and G.Skill will commercialize DDR4-3200/DDR4-3600 kits dedicated to Zen, with AMP profile and AMD Zen logo/certification.
    Great to hear that Fott

Quote Originally Posted by Fottemberg View Post
    What concerns should I have for the G.skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 Intel 170 dual channel nemory I just purchased a couple of months ago for this build. They are two 16 GB modules. Will I have to loosen timings or downclock to 2866? I will be using the Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero board. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    As a long time member of AT forums I can tell you that the place is infested with shills. And not just CPU/GPU shills. Try and have a discussion about anything and you'll see them come out of the woodwork. Try and talk water blocks or fans even. I don't know how familiar you are with the place.
    Definitely agree. And this applies both to Intel and AMD fanbois. It's almost impossible to have a discussion there. I've seen people being accused of being both Intel and AMD fanbois by the two factions, funny
    Speaking for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post
    What concerns should I have for the G.skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 Intel 170 dual channel nemory I just purchased a couple of months ago for this build. They are two 16 GB modules. Will I have to loosen timings or downclock to 2866? I will be using the Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero board. Thanks.
    I think you will get away with 3200mhz at launch. I got myself 2x8GB 4000Mhz RAM, so that will be major downclock But I hope memory compatibility will improve and I will be able to tweak the cr*p out of that memory down the line

Quote Originally Posted by laurent View Post
    Definitely agree. And this applies both to Intel and AMD fanbois. It's almost impossible to have a discussion there. I've seen people being accused of being both Intel and AMD fanbois by the two factions, funny
    That's why I stopped posting in ocUK forums and never started on anand even though I am a member there for almost 10 years or so, same with [H] forums with Kyle character in full swing
    SA forums are the only ones where it is possible to get good conversation going (barring rare instances of insanity).

Quote Originally Posted by laurent View Post
    Definitely agree. And this applies both to Intel and AMD fanbois.
    Not at all, check the AMD related threads and their Intel counterparts, you ll see no thread crapping and derailing at all in the latters while it s a constant in the formers, so no, things are not equally distributed there.

Other than this OT it may be a bold prediction of mine but i expect Intel s HEDT CPUs sales to collapse at a 80% rate at the end of march, and mainstream 1151 i7s sales to be cut by 50% at the same dates...