Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD on the rise

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    AMD-boost Mark? I just read his articles for the LOLs..
    Tbh I usually click them as well. I'm definitely in the wrong business though!

640k who needs more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

@wuttz: that is a great meme ;-)
    shouldve gotten in at $2 tow years ago..
    but since nvda is sinking, amd probably gonna go back to 2006 stock prices(!!!)(?)

1. open optionshouse acct
    2. buy $amd calls @15.00
    3. wait for vega+naples
    4. profit!!!!

AMD?s Ryzen 7 1800X Is Already Amazon?s Best Selling CPU ? Ryzen Lineup Leading The Best Sellers List

It?s only been a few hours since AMD announced its exciting new Ryzen 7 processors and they?re already Amazon?s best selling CPUs. The $499 Ryzen 7 1800X and $399 Ryzen 7 1700X CPUs already occupy the first and second spots on Amazon?s best sellers list for CPUs. The Ryzen 7 1700 comes in fourth position right after Intel?s i7 7700K.

What?s equally impressive is that AM4 motherboards for Ryzen processors also occupy the top 3 spots for best selling desktop motherboards. This is despite that fact that Ryzen CPUs and their accompanying AM4 motherboards won?t actually be available until the 2nd of March. However they?ve all been available for pre-order since today?s 12PM ET announcement. Thus, the demand that has actually driven AMD?s newly announced Ryzen 7 CPUs and AM4 motheboards all the way to the top of Amazon?s best sellers list has only been from pre-orders. At this point we can only imagine the scope of the market storm that Ryzen may cause when it actually launches on March 2nd.

http://wccftech.com/amds-ryzen-7-cpu...-sellers-list/

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiD View Post
    AMD?s Ryzen 7 1800X Is Already Amazon?s Best Selling CPU ? Ryzen Lineup Leading The Best Sellers List

It?s only been a few hours since AMD announced its exciting new Ryzen 7 processors and they?re already Amazon?s best selling CPUs. The $499 Ryzen 7 1800X and $399 Ryzen 7 1700X CPUs already occupy the first and second spots on Amazon?s best sellers list for CPUs. The Ryzen 7 1700 comes in fourth position right after Intel?s i7 7700K.

What?s equally impressive is that AM4 motherboards for Ryzen processors also occupy the top 3 spots for best selling desktop motherboards. This is despite that fact that Ryzen CPUs and their accompanying AM4 motherboards won?t actually be available until the 2nd of March. However they?ve all been available for pre-order since today?s 12PM ET announcement. Thus, the demand that has actually driven AMD?s newly announced Ryzen 7 CPUs and AM4 motheboards all the way to the top of Amazon?s best sellers list has only been from pre-orders. At this point we can only imagine the scope of the market storm that Ryzen may cause when it actually launches on March 2nd.

http://wccftech.com/amds-ryzen-7-cpu...-sellers-list/
    I'm telling you: Everyone's fed up of Intel. Good for AMD

8-bit overflow
    7700K back to being #1 on Amazon. 1700X still at #2. 1800X shoved way down to #14, but that's probably because they haven't been taking pre-orders for a while on it.
    Views are mine and mine alone.

Yep, these CPUs are out of stock, now.
    Everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion.

Bits And Chips Site
    Bits And Chips - ENG Twitter

Even today, an i7-7700 would be a relatively poor performer for some tasks, not to mention in the long term - in two-three-five years this cpu will be relegated to the trash region of the cpus - the very low-end.
    I would run very very far away from a purchase of i7-7700 right now

A many-thread CPU like Ryzen 7 1800X/1700X/1700 is many times a better purchase than a relatively higher-frequency but lower-thread count CPU of any type and brand.

I agree. During the normal task my i7-6700K performs worse than my old FX-8150. I usually have in use - simultaneously - Firefox with 30-40 open tables, Open Office, notepad, Twitter App, VLC and something else.

When I switch from a software to another one, the FX-8150 is more reactive than the i7-6700K.
    Everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion.

Bits And Chips Site

Quote Originally Posted by Fottemberg View Post
    I agree. During the normal task my i7-6700K performs worse than my old FX-8150. I usually have in use - simultaneously - Firefox with 30-40 open tables, Open Office, notepad, Twitter App, VLC and something else.

When I switch from a software to another one, the FX-8150 is more reactive than the i7-6700K.
    That is exactly my own experience as well. The FX8120 feels smooth as butter even dozens of apps and tabs open, where i7 starts to feel sluggish. i7 still does heavy tasks much faster, but overall usability/feel is not as good. Not that big of a difference really, but things like alt-tab are just not 'instant'.
    "One solution that seems to have been reasonably effective in the past is that of public ridicule." - Alex Smith (2014, Nethack 4 about game balancing)
    "VR has been the future of gaming for the last 25 years, and will continue to be for another 25 years..." - NTMBK (2016)

Yep! It's a shame major sites didn't underline this fact in their reviews. But hey ... money is money!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8P80A8vy9I

Bits And Chips Site