Page 429 of 432 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 4311

Thread: Polaris 10 size / performance estimation

Quote Originally Posted by Zizy View Post
    Just about nobody does mGPU in the first place.

Plus if you suspect card was heavily (ab)used for mining you generally don't buy it, unless it is much cheaper. With random card you assume it was a mining card for the month after bubble pops (no matter what they claim). A few months after and you generally assume the person was a casual miner at worst, unless he is/was selling tons of cards.
    With such no video out card you can safely assume the card was mining eth 24/7 since purchase and value it at 0.
    Miners generally underclock/undervolt their cards ? Personally I'd be more wary of a gaming card, as it's far more likely to have been thrashed.
    To find the right answers you must ask the right questions.

Mining will weed out the faulty/weak silicon!

Looking forward to buying a bargain RX4/580 when the crash happens My 7950 is getting a bit long in the tooth
    IT middle management is just like Dungeon Keeper, but with technicians and purchase orders instead of imps and spells

Quote Originally Posted by London Dave View Post
    Mining will weed out the faulty/weak silicon!

Looking forward to buying a bargain RX4/580 when the crash happens My 7950 is getting a bit long in the tooth
    You might be waiting a while. Afaia stuff like ethereum changes it's base algorithm on a regular basis so that ASICs can't really be used. FPGAs maybe, but $$$ upfront makes that pretty unlikely. So while altcoins use FP32, and ASICs are non-viable, I'm afraid miners are going to hoover the things up like crazy. Probably RX Vega too, if it underclocks/undervolts like Polaris.
    To find the right answers you must ask the right questions.

Just dropping this that I found on reddit...

http://imgur.com/jdMNSfx

Quote Originally Posted by sirroman View Post
    Just dropping this that I found on reddit...

http://imgur.com/jdMNSfx
    Nice one

I'm testing my PowerColor RX480 RedDevil with new and old drivers, in order to understand how FP16 features (Disabled by AMD in the latest driver releases) impact performances and power consumption.

Here it is one of the tests: Scientific Analisys - SiSoft Sandra 2017.

Same performance, but higher power consumption with newest driver. However could be a coincidence. I'm doing more tests.

16fpconsumionlegend.jpg
    Everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion.

Bits And Chips Site
    Bits And Chips - ENG Twitter

well, I had gotten an alienware driver a week or two ago that I though only renamed my GPU from RX 470 to 570... BUT!!

It turns out, that now wattman/FRTC are supported also!

woohooo~

So, that is odd timing, but I will happily take it. Especially FRTC... why it wasn't enabled to start on a laptop boggles my mind.
    -Q

and nevermind that.... FRTC works, but all wattman does it let me adjust clocks/voltages, before setting them... And I'm trying to lower them....
    Or just turn off the higher clock states, the performance if overkill for me already lol...
    -Q

This is pretty odd... AMD just silently reduced the core count on the RX560 from 1024 to 896... I guess it must be down to yield issues, but that would also seem odd for a mature part on a known process.

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5...silent-launch/

Quote Originally Posted by fry View Post
    This is pretty odd... AMD just silently reduced the core count on the RX560 from 1024 to 896... I guess it must be down to yield issues, but that would also seem odd for a mature part on a known process.

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5...silent-launch/
    Not likely to be yield, much more likely just trying to flog unsold 460's without having to spend money on a rebrand.
    Last edited by livebriand; 5th December 2017 at 11:43 PM.