Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryzen CPUs thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alps View Post
    Look at the (Example) line, it is priceless!
    https://videocardz.com/66826/amd-ryzen-7-review-roundup
    What was it?

I take that last post back. What is going on? Guru3d ran their base clock at 135mhz, it's even a feature built into Asus Hero motherboard. Has there been anything official from AMD about the base clock and pcie?

The guru3d review seems pretty good, they included 1440p benchmarks.
    Within 27% margin of error and 3mm off my estimate of something 4mm, good enough to predict the future

Not sure if anyone talked about it but the L1 bandwidth is a bit worse on Ryzen vs BW-E (like as in half the bandwidth), even though L2 and L3 is significantly better. I guess this could be causing register issues in gaming, any of you coders know how easy this should be to patch?

Quote Originally Posted by livebriand View Post
    What was it?
    It was Intel.com as a review website and it was giving 10/10 and recommended

Not sure if anyone talked about it but the L1 bandwidth is a bit worse on Ryzen vs BW-E (like as in half the bandwidth), even though L2 and L3 is significantly better. I guess this could be causing register issues in gaming, any of you coders know how easy this should be to patch?
    That's an easy fix just add a '2*' in the benchmark code.
    I'm not sure if we can believe all the current memory measurements.
    "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
    [Albert Einstein]

Alright, it seems ASRock Fatal1ty Pro has an added chip that allows some base clock overclocking. It has 16 phase power, I'm pulling the trigger on that one but it's on backorder. That should make an absolutely huge difference.
    Within 27% margin of error and 3mm off my estimate of something 4mm, good enough to predict the future

Quote Originally Posted by Kedas View Post
    That's an easy fix just add a '2*' in the benchmark code.
    I'm not sure if we can believe all the current memory measurements.
    These are AMD's own numbers so can probably be believed.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...pu,4951-5.html

Ok, the party is over. All the "Big" review sites got a lot of cash and concluded that Ryen is nothing more but meh. The bad guy always wins in this world, nail it in your head.
    Android is not an OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Alps View Post
    Ok, the party is over. All the "Big" review sites got a lot of cash and concluded that Ryen is nothing more but meh. The bad guy always wins in this world, nail it in your head.
    I'm pretty confident people aren't going to buy into it. This would have worked if 1800x was $999, 1700x at $749, and 1700 at $699, but the price difference is far too large.

All motherboards are sold out except for the low end ones. Ryzen is selling a lot and exceeded motherboard OEM's sales predictions. A "meh" product doesn't just run out of motherboards on launch.

Talking to people not as knowledgeable about this stuff, they're still excited and they're talking about the good benchmarks and ignoring the bad ones. And the Intel fanboys are somewhat angry. The big take away from this for a lot of people is that AMD has something that competes with Intel's best, and it hasn't really been like that since K8. There are a lot of people with DIY rigs who weren't even born or old enough to understand when K8 was a thing.

I have a good feeling a few sites will lose some credibility over this. The price difference is just too huge for their weak tactics, and Intel lowering prices before the launch is basically an admission of Ryzen not being meh. Intel knows Ryzen is a big enough threat that they lower their CPU prices, sometimes by huge margins, yet review sites are all saying the release is meh?

http://wccftech.com/intel-amd-price-...en-processors/
    You do not take $140 off of $399 product because your competition releases something "meh". These reviews are way too blatant and they're going to get completely caught off guard by youtubers and other alternative tech media. Intel admitted Ryzen is far more than "meh" when they cut prices. And now you have tech sites that have been historically friendly to Intel saying Ryzen is "meh".

These are AMD's own numbers so can probably be believed.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...pu,4951-5.html
    You mean the same guys who are confused about +40% or +52%

edit: anyway I read they have a pretty good idea where they can improve zen the most. (for zen+)
    "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
    [Albert Einstein]