Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Intel?

Yeah, sometimes it's like wccftech are producing fake? news.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post
    Also, quite a big red flag, looks like the price points of Intel's line up will be shifting up, i.e. i3 gets a price bump, i5 a price bump, etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeumgKOSt_Q
    From comments, 8700k will be $484, 7700k is $340 on newegg right now, and that's probably not the best price you can find. Wouldn't be surprised if that leak was for retailer price and retailers will bump it up to something like $499.
    That's CDN $484 so US $380, not that big an increase (if any).
    Speaking for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DylRicho View Post
    Don't trust anything this site says.
    Thank you, it did feel weird. But as GPU makers have an habit of mixing silicon generations in a single marketing generation, I thought maybe Intel was taking a page out of their books and made those i3 from older, 200-series compatible silicon unlike the other chips... Good to know they've yet to reach that low ;-)
    Not speaking for my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkhior View Post
    Thank you, it did feel weird. But as GPU makers have an habit of mixing silicon generations in a single marketing generation, I thought maybe Intel was taking a page out of their books and made those i3 from older, 200-series compatible silicon unlike the other chips... Good to know they've yet to reach that low ;-)
    Well, Kaby Lake does mark the first time that one architecture has been separated into two generations*, so don't give Intel too much credit there.

7th Gen = Kaby Lake-S; Kaby Lake-H; Kaby Lake-U; Kaby Lake-Y
    8th Gen = Kaby Lake-R
    CPU Grade [WiP]

Intel's 7980XE benchmarks just got leaked(links at WCCFtech). It does over 4000 points in the CB15 bench. I wonder how big the power consumption of this thing will be, once it's turboing sky high.

Intel just got as crazy as Nvidia in the pursuit of fastest xPU crown.

No way 18C/36T at 4.2GHz is doing 4200 CB R15 when the 1950X needs 5.2GHz and LN2 for the same score.

If this is true....

Intel reschedules Cannon Lake launch to year-end 2018, say sources
    Intel has reportedly rescheduled the release of its next-generation Cannon Lake-based processors to the end of 2018, which has already affected notebook brand vendors' new projects and their suppliers, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

Some vendors are even considering skipping Cannon Lake to wait for the release of its successor, the Ice Lake CPUs, which according to Intel's roadmap, should be available shortly after Cannon Lake's rescheduled launch, the sources said.
    http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20170920PD207.html

Intel "bribe fund" - or whatever they will call it - to the rescue?

So, Cannon Lake is the new Broadwell, late and almost irrelevant, quickly replaced by its successor? (save for its reappearance as BDW-E...)

I can't even begin to imagine the internal turmoil Intel is in. It must be really ugly.
    Last edited by vodka; 20th September 2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by livebriand View Post
    No way 18C/36T at 4.2GHz is doing 4200 CB R15 when the 1950X needs 5.2GHz and LN2 for the same score.
    Not impossible. There are Cinebench R15 scores of >2350 for i9-7900X. For example here. With 80% more cores and perfect scaling you could score >4200. But one thing is for sure, power consumption will be abnormal high.

Quote Originally Posted by livebriand View Post
    Intel wouldn't lose halo product, even if it means they release a CPU that costs twice as much, goes way over advertised TDP, and is made in such limited quantities that they're super rare.

I'm too lazy to do the math, but if top TR had two more cores, it sure wouldn't need 5.2ghz on LN2 to hit that score. It'd probably be more like 4.5ghz range.
    Within 27% margin of error and 3mm off my estimate of something 4mm, good enough to predict the future