Ultra high-end laptop maker Eurocom and Best Buy Canada have announced a new partnership to launch a new lineup of professional laptops and mobile workstations. This new line of laptops will use Nvidia’s Quadro mobile graphics to legitimize itself as a professional level offering. They will also be sold using Best Buy Canada’s stores. This new line of professional offerings come as a new addition to Eurocom’s ultra-portable, small form factor, and gaming laptop offerings.
According to Eurocom they are, “happy to assist Best Buy in transitioning from selling low-cost products to more complex, more expensive computer equipment for professional computing.” Eurocom and Best Buy are planning to aim these new laptops at individual, corporate, and small to medium business clients looking for laptop with real content creation capabilities.
This announcement comes on the heals of Best Buy’s quarterly earnings report through which investors learned that the company performed poorly during the holiday season and drove Best Buy’s stock price down by 30 percent in regular trading. Best Buy is hoping that the Eurocom deal will boost revenue and grow their profit margin.S|A
Latest posts by Thomas Ryan (see all)
- Intel’s Turbo Boost Max 3.0 and the i7-6950X - Feb 24, 2017
- Performance Per Watt with the i7-6950X - Feb 20, 2017
- Sony Stacks Memory on its Sensors to Fight Rolling Shutter - Feb 9, 2017
- Intel’s Latest Flagship Server Chip is the Xeon E7-8894 v4 - Feb 9, 2017
- AMD Offers its ReLive Tool to the Pros - Jan 30, 2017