I CAN’T SAY that I can remember seeing Pretec before this Computex, but they sure are leaving an impression. They had two flash memory widgets at the show that caught my eye, a card and a stick.
Pretec SDXC card
The first will seem pretty banal in a year or so, but the 32G SDXC card is the first SDXC device I have seen in the wild. Other than the stupid patented file system foisted upon us by MS and the SD card people, there is nothing bad here. Just capacity, and more is a plus there.
Cobras, a sign of speed in some cultures
Next up we have something that we really hope will be more common soon, an eSATA and USB combo flash drive. The Cobra is a very nice thing to have, drive capacities are steadily climbing, and USB speeds are not. eSATA connectivity to your memory stick is a great stopgap between growing old waiting for USB2 to copy files and growing old waiting for USB3.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 205, a high-end low-end SoC - Mar 20, 2017
- Intel officially introduces Xpoint with the DC P4800X SSD - Mar 19, 2017
- Dell shows off an 8K HDR monitor - Mar 15, 2017
- A third huge datacenter falls to ARM servers - Mar 14, 2017
- A second megadatacenter goes heavily to ARM CPUs - Mar 13, 2017