THERE WAS a sight at IDF today, right there in the far back corner of the showroom floor, that proved that heck just got slightly chillier. DAAMIT has a booth at IDF.
The booth in question
Yes, in the VESA/Displayport area, there are a bunch of booths, one of which is AMD, but it seems to have conveniently forgotten the green AMD logo. Instead, it just has the ATI logo, with nary the other letters of DAAMIT to be seen. In fact, it was not there at all.
Given the importance of Displayport, and that VESA is a standards body, it isn’t surprising that ATI is there, it is just a little odd to behold. Kind of like walking through the ATI building at Great America and noticing the conference rooms are named after industry trade shows, IDF included.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s shocker – AMD and Intel employees each with pens within reach, not trying to attack each other with them. GASP!S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s Epyc is a major advance in security - Jun 22, 2017
- Intel talks about Skylake’s mesh interconnect - Jun 15, 2017
- Intel announces X-Series and more without details - May 30, 2017
- AMD talks Threadripper, Ryzen Mobile, and Ryzen Pro - May 22, 2017
- AMD calls Naples Epyc during Analyst Day - May 17, 2017