THERE WAS a sight at IDF today, right there in the far back corner of the showroom floor, that proved that heck just got slightly chillier. DAAMIT has a booth at IDF.
The booth in question
Yes, in the VESA/Displayport area, there are a bunch of booths, one of which is AMD, but it seems to have conveniently forgotten the green AMD logo. Instead, it just has the ATI logo, with nary the other letters of DAAMIT to be seen. In fact, it was not there at all.
Given the importance of Displayport, and that VESA is a standards body, it isn’t surprising that ATI is there, it is just a little odd to behold. Kind of like walking through the ATI building at Great America and noticing the conference rooms are named after industry trade shows, IDF included.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s shocker – AMD and Intel employees each with pens within reach, not trying to attack each other with them. GASP!S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel silently exits a multi-billion dollar market - Jan 19, 2017
- AMD Infinity Fabric underpins everything they will make - Jan 19, 2017
- Imagination unleashes the mid-range Series 8XE Plus GPU - Jan 18, 2017
- AMD talks about Vega at a high level - Jan 17, 2017
- Intel unleashes more Kaby Lake SKUs on the yearning public - Jan 4, 2017