AMD JUST LOST two more executives, COO Bob Rivet and VP of Corporate Strategy Marty Seyer. There is no official word as to why they left, and neither will be departing immediately.
There is no real news, official or unofficial, on the departures, why they happened, and who’s initiative they were. Given that CEO Dirk Meyer left a few weeks ago under less than optimal circumstances, these latest two are not a huge shock. Neither the AMD press site or their investor relations site has anything posted on the departures, but AMD did file an SEC 8-K form about Bob Rivet yesterday.
It is said that both men will stay on for a bit to ease the transition, so it looks like these departures are on much better terms than the last one. The best we were able to find was that both decided to “pursue new opportunities”, on the same day, with more or less the same transition plan.
In any case, it looks like there is a complete rethinking of AMD management going on in Austin right now. You can be assured that the changes near the top are far from over, and there will be an attendant reshuffling of power once things settle down. As of now, it looks like a pretty standard corporate shakeup precipitated by a senior executive leaving.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Alibaba and AMD collaborate on GPUs in the cloud - Oct 14, 2016
- The PC market freefall continues, here is how to fix it - Oct 14, 2016
- Western Digital’s new SSD portend a lot - Oct 13, 2016
- Broadcom Tomahawk 2 switch support 64 100Gbps ports - Oct 11, 2016
- Prologium makes Lithium-Ceramic batteries that can’t explode - Oct 10, 2016