The short story is this, Nvidia is putting out a bunch of Fermi shrinks on 28nm, and you will likely see the mobile variants first. They are as follows, with some information a bit blurred to protect the exact sub-species of mole involved.
Some of the details
A few things to note here, most notably that this is NOT the complete lineup, there are very likely to be a few 40nm parts here and there to fill in gaps. If you are paying attention to the details, you will notice that the first samples have been delayed about two months. This means a big miss on the “non-denominational winter holiday that neither affirms or denies any particular faith but allows everyone to celebrate as (bored) equals”(TM) selling season.
If you recall SemiAccurate’s analysis around Kepler’s release, this adds a bit to the mix. Short story, any Kepler based parts will trail the above by at least three months, likely more. If the first Nvidia 28nm parts are not due to market until January, then Kepler will be almost impossible to get out in Q1. This should shock no one.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Bestfon actually innovates around USB cables - Jul 6, 2015
- Microdia hits half a Terabyte with microSD4.0 cards - Jun 30, 2015
- What is really behind the AMD split rumors? - Jun 23, 2015
- AMD talks Fiji, Fiji X, and a few odd bits of tech - Jun 22, 2015
- AMD outs Caribbean Islands aka R9 300 series GPUs - Jun 19, 2015