No peeking in to the Apple roadmaps this time, take a guess first. If you don’t want to wait six months (and three days) to find out until others “discover” the news this time, read on. The really interesting part is not how much it shifts the GPU marketshare numbers, but what is says about costs and competition. We really weren’t expecting this one, but tonight’s note from Patrick Wang of Evercore left no doubt as to which way it is going.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What do megadatacenters pay for CPUs? - Nov 19, 2014
- Intel ‘talks about’ Knights Landing and Omni-Something - Nov 17, 2014
- Marvell adds PXA1908 and PXA1938 64-bit LTE SOCs to the mix - Nov 17, 2014
- Intel adds M.2 form factors to S3500 enterprise SSDs - Nov 11, 2014
- A long look at the new Imagination 7-Series GPUs - Nov 11, 2014