No peeking in to the Apple roadmaps this time, take a guess first. If you don’t want to wait six months (and three days) to find out until others “discover” the news this time, read on. The really interesting part is not how much it shifts the GPU marketshare numbers, but what is says about costs and competition. We really weren’t expecting this one, but tonight’s note from Patrick Wang of Evercore left no doubt as to which way it is going.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Serious problem hits Nvidia’s consumer Pascal GPUs - Jun 24, 2016
- Chenbro breaks the 1PB in a 4U chassis barrier - Jun 21, 2016
- Intel launches Knights Landing Phi and other goodies - Jun 20, 2016
- ARM completes their block updates with Egil video unit - Jun 20, 2016
- AMD’s Naples is not quite what it seems - Jun 16, 2016