No peeking in to the Apple roadmaps this time, take a guess first. If you don’t want to wait six months (and three days) to find out until others “discover” the news this time, read on. The really interesting part is not how much it shifts the GPU marketshare numbers, but what is says about costs and competition. We really weren’t expecting this one, but tonight’s note from Patrick Wang of Evercore left no doubt as to which way it is going.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Emulex puts NVMe over FC with NVMf - Jul 20, 2016
- ARM needed Softbank, Softbank wanted ARM - Jul 19, 2016
- What shrink does TSMC’s 10nm process deliver? - Jul 13, 2016
- SiFive opens up silicon access with Freedom E300 and U500 - Jul 11, 2016
- Qualcomm introduces the new Snapdragon 821 SoC - Jul 11, 2016