No peeking in to the Apple roadmaps this time, take a guess first. If you don’t want to wait six months (and three days) to find out until others “discover” the news this time, read on. The really interesting part is not how much it shifts the GPU marketshare numbers, but what is says about costs and competition. We really weren’t expecting this one, but tonight’s note from Patrick Wang of Evercore left no doubt as to which way it is going.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Another Qualcomm server core breaks cover - Apr 24, 2015
- Ubuntu strips a phone OS to the Core - Apr 21, 2015
- What does Qualcomm’s server SoC look like - Apr 15, 2015
- How does Qualcomm’s SenseID fingerprint scanner work? - Apr 9, 2015
- How fast is Qualcomm’s 64-bit Kryo server core? - Apr 7, 2015