No peeking in to the Apple roadmaps this time, take a guess first. If you don’t want to wait six months (and three days) to find out until others “discover” the news this time, read on. The really interesting part is not how much it shifts the GPU marketshare numbers, but what is says about costs and competition. We really weren’t expecting this one, but tonight’s note from Patrick Wang of Evercore left no doubt as to which way it is going.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel and Qualcomm sync up on 802.11ad interoperability - Feb 2, 2016
- News of Nvidia’s Pascal tapeout and silicon is important - Feb 1, 2016
- Orbitrec 3D prints a bike in the smartest way - Jan 29, 2016
- Gigabyte shows off Cavium Thunder ARM servers - Jan 27, 2016
- Enevate introduces a Silicon-Lithium-Ion battery - Jan 26, 2016