SemiAccurate has been waiting for one big thing before declaring ARM servers real and AMCC has just delivered that. If you have been waiting for ARM V8 silicon to arrive, may we present to you AMCC X-Gene silicon in the wild.
This is the single most significant change to happen to servers in years, and it has been long long overdue. Nvidia was promising analysts that they would have it in Q4 of 2012 but we scoffed at that. AMCC is the first to actually deliver ARM V8 64-bit server silicon and it will change the server world. Take a look.
It doesn’t look like much, but it is the real thing
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Flex Logix announces a first customer, DARPA - Jan 23, 2017
- Intel silently exits a multi-billion dollar market - Jan 19, 2017
- AMD Infinity Fabric underpins everything they will make - Jan 19, 2017
- Imagination unleashes the mid-range Series 8XE Plus GPU - Jan 18, 2017
- AMD talks about Vega at a high level - Jan 17, 2017