AMD IS AT it again, this time with mobile GPU code names. Welcome the ‘Vancouver’ series of mobile GPUs, basically a mobile version of the 6800 line.
A bunch of code names and specs
The new chips, and some specs are topped off with Blackcomb, listed as 40nm 2nd Gen DX11 for the Ultra High-End Enthusiast market. Then comes Granville for the non-ultra High-Performance Enthusiast. Both are listed as 35+W category.
Below that comes Whistler which brings 2nd Gen DX11, Stereo/BD3D and Dynamic SG. We have no idea what Dynamic SG is, but Capilano listed below it only has 128-bit DX11 performance, no Dynamic SG. It’s loss will be felt as soon as we figure out what it is. Capilano also loses a gen of DX11, so it may be a 5xxx series ASIC. Both are in the 20-30W category.
On the low end we have Seymour and Robson. Seymour is 2nd Gen DX11, Stereo/BD3D and Dynamic SG, Robson only has DX11 and Dynamic SG. Both are <20W TDP products.
So there you have it, six new mobile parts, likely three 5000 refreshes, and three 6000 series parts. Other than that, not much more to say.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel said something important on their Q4/2020 analyst call - Feb 1, 2021
- AMD launches Ryzen 5000 Mobile APUs - Jan 26, 2021
- AMD’s Genoa gets a little clearer - Jan 25, 2021
- Another Intel outsourcing deal comes to light - Jan 20, 2021
- Qualcomm buys Nuvia for $1.4 Billion - Jan 13, 2021