We hear that Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) has sent out Kepler pricing to AIBs in the far east, or will once the New Year party dies down. A few green-tinged moles, we think it’s the New Year’s celebratory hair dye, tell SemiAccurate that the initial Kepler/GK104 cards will be priced around the $299 mark. This should tell you quite a bit about how large the silicon is, but not necessarily what it will be marketed as.
There are two caveats to this number that you should be aware of. First, this is the initial round of pricing, and as we know, they do change, volume, yields etc. Second, it could well be a red herring to try and crater AMD 79xx sales, even given the number of sources that gave us the same number. Lets see how long it takes for the echo chamber to ‘independently confirm’ this one.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Mediatek Sensio brings six biometric measurements to devices - Dec 14, 2017
- AMD Adrenaline drivers bring new GPU features - Dec 12, 2017
- Intel doesn’t want you to know about Gemini Lake Atoms - Dec 12, 2017
- What is going wrong on Intel’s 10nm process? - Dec 11, 2017
- More on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 architecture - Dec 11, 2017