No peeking in to the Apple roadmaps this time, take a guess first. If you don’t want to wait six months (and three days) to find out until others “discover” the news this time, read on. The really interesting part is not how much it shifts the GPU marketshare numbers, but what is says about costs and competition. We really weren’t expecting this one, but tonight’s note from Patrick Wang of Evercore left no doubt as to which way it is going.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD picks up a senior graphics person - Apr 19, 2018
- Cray outs AMD Epyc based C5500 supercomputer line - Apr 18, 2018
- Vice President leaves Qualcomm quietly - Apr 16, 2018
- Chris Hook has left AMD - Apr 11, 2018
- Qualcomm’s 5G handset is miles ahead of the competition - Apr 9, 2018