No peeking in to the Apple roadmaps this time, take a guess first. If you don’t want to wait six months (and three days) to find out until others “discover” the news this time, read on. The really interesting part is not how much it shifts the GPU marketshare numbers, but what is says about costs and competition. We really weren’t expecting this one, but tonight’s note from Patrick Wang of Evercore left no doubt as to which way it is going.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s Rome is going to be a monster CPU - Jul 17, 2018
- Intel launches Xeon E-2100 workstation line - Jul 12, 2018
- How is Intel going to cool Cooper Lake-AP? - Jul 11, 2018
- AMD and Synaptics team up for secure PC biometrics - Jul 11, 2018
- A few more bits about Cooper Lake come out - Jul 10, 2018