What is the name of Intel’s Broadwell+3 architecture and chip family? Damn good question and thanks to SemiAccurate you won’t have to wait until 2017 or 2018 to find out.
You might recall when we brought you the name of the Broadwell+2 architecture in 2013. Yes we got the spelling wrong but the rest was right, one letter off for being first is something we will take any day. Remember how close we were with Avadon/Abadon/Avoton? This time we took a few more weeks to get the spelling right even after we verified the name verbally.
So for those into Intel code names, things go Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake, Cannonlake, and then it doesn’t go Skymont or Pelican Lake. Really. Once again SemiAccurate brings you the exclusive name….
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What’s going on with Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC? - Sep 26, 2023
- What is the code name for the next Qualcomm laptop SoC? - Sep 19, 2023
- How fast is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC - Sep 19, 2023
- How is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC doing? - Sep 12, 2023
- A new player enters the ARM laptop SoC space - Aug 16, 2023