In a major reorganization at AMD, Raja Koduri is running the new Radeon Technologies Group. SemiAccurate thinks putting all of graphics under one leader is a long overdue and very good thing that will benefit the company.
One of the problems with AMD’s graphic offering in the past is the management structure has had too many silos and fiefdoms. While these groups were all working towards the same goals and not competing with each other, they were not always aligned as well as they could have been. At times this led to, late drivers, and all sorts of needless stumbling. It wasn’t a bad arrangement but it wasn’t optimal or even good.
With the formation of the Radeon Technologies Group and the promotion of Raja to run it, that will all change with one leader to call all the shots. Given his long history of technical graphics work, AMD now has the perfect person to run it all with the power to actually get things done. Like we said this is a very good thing. As a result of this reorganization, some of the old guard like Matt Skinner are said to be leaving AMD and Sean Burke will be moving up to fill some of Matt’s duties.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel looks at laptop power usage - Nov 23, 2020
- AMD slide confirms our delay story - Nov 19, 2020
- AMD stays trendy and delays Milan a bit - Nov 13, 2020
- Intel delays a mainstream server platform once again - Nov 12, 2020
- Intel releases Server GPU and significant software updates - Nov 11, 2020