Yesterday we told you about the change to Whitley that has OEMs and ODMs up in arms. In talking to a few sources we learned that wasn’t the only change, the Cooper Lake MCM was just castrated as well. It is bad enough that several OEMs are saying that the platform is dead to them with others strongly intoning they will skip Cooper and maybe Ice too. The word ‘mess’ has been used a lot around Intel’s server offerings but lately it has become inadequate.
About the only question now is why is Intel still bothering with the Whitley and Cooper Lake debacle? Unfortunately we can’t answer that one.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel looks at laptop power usage - Nov 23, 2020
- AMD slide confirms our delay story - Nov 19, 2020
- AMD stays trendy and delays Milan a bit - Nov 13, 2020
- Intel delays a mainstream server platform once again - Nov 12, 2020
- Intel releases Server GPU and significant software updates - Nov 11, 2020