Yesterday we told you about the change to Whitley that has OEMs and ODMs up in arms. In talking to a few sources we learned that wasn’t the only change, the Cooper Lake MCM was just castrated as well. It is bad enough that several OEMs are saying that the platform is dead to them with others strongly intoning they will skip Cooper and maybe Ice too. The word ‘mess’ has been used a lot around Intel’s server offerings but lately it has become inadequate.
About the only question now is why is Intel still bothering with the Whitley and Cooper Lake debacle? Unfortunately we can’t answer that one.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s 3D V-Cache takes the advanced packaging lead - Jun 1, 2021
- AMD releases CPUs and GPUs at Computex - May 31, 2021
- Intel’s honesty shows through at Computex 2021 - May 30, 2021
- Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 7c2 compute platform - May 24, 2021
- Qualcomm announces modem goodies at their 5G Summit - May 19, 2021