Authors Note: Normally SemiAccurate would set this type of story for subscribers only but due to the nature of it, we don’t think it would be fair to those potentially affected to do so. With that in mind we will keep stories on this topic as open as we can. We wish all those affected or potentially affected a speedy search for a new job.
The first thing is that the first round of layoffs we told you about last week is just that, the first round. There is another round of layoffs, said to target the same three organizations, DCG/DPG, IOTG, and SSG/software, coming in about a month. Our sources are saying that the second half of February will see another significant round of layoffs like the ones in January.
There are no new group names to add to the three we told you about earlier, but our sources say there have been minor cuts nearly everywhere at Intel. While there are more rumored cuts, including two groups we named earlier, those are looking like Q2 occurrences should they materialize as indicated. For the moment, SemiAccurate has been unable to nail down anything definitive on these potential cuts. Good luck and we hope you are not affected either directly or indirectly.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- ARM moves Mbed OS from ISG to IPG - Apr 5, 2020
- Chinese Government takes control of Imagination Technologies - Apr 4, 2020
- Intel launches 10-Series -H ‘Comet Lake’ mobile CPUs - Apr 2, 2020
- How many PCIe5 lanes does Sapphire Rapids have? - Mar 20, 2020
- What does Intel’s server platform cancellation mean? - Mar 16, 2020