How fast will Intel’s Ice Lake-SP CPUs be and how many cores at launch? SemiAccurate has all the numbers, or at least as many as are solid right now.
We will start this out by saying that Intel has recently scaled back Ice-SP, again. We mean that post roadmap reshuffle, post Cooper Lake knifing, post recent delays, and post dark core count reveal. In case you haven’t been following the news surrounding Intel of late, things aren’t moving in the right direction with this latest info not upsetting the prevailing paradigm. On the up side, at least it explains why they are pulling core counts off many OEM roadmaps.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD manages to make the Ryzen 7040U look worse than it is - May 4, 2023
- Is Microsoft looking to buy silicon expertise? - Apr 3, 2023
- Intel updates roadmaps at Analyst Day 2023 - Mar 29, 2023
- Intel’s Emerald Rapids has a big secret - Mar 27, 2023
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023