So when is Intel going to launch their Sapphire Rapids server CPU? SemiAccurate told you about the latest update to the timetable in December, now we can be much more specific.
During the last update, we said, “The short version is that Intel’s Sapphire Rapids is delayed by 2-3 months, lets call it a full quarter. You might recall the last time we told you about the schedule, in great detail here, things were set for public launch in early Q3.”
It doesn’t take much math to figure out that this means September or October 2022. We also told you why the delays were happening in that earlier article, and the changes made to the SKU stack for PR purposes. Now we can tell you the exact date of the Sapphire Rapids launch and without trying to pat ourselves on the back too hard, we nailed it. That date is….
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD launches six new ‘old’ Milan CPUs - Nov 9, 2023
- How big is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X Elite SoC? - Nov 2, 2023
- Microsoft to introduce “AI PC” branding - Nov 1, 2023
- A look at AMD’s new Threadripper 7000 line - Nov 1, 2023
- AMD fights Meteors with paper at Ryzen 8000 launch - Oct 18, 2023