A few weeks ago, SemiAccurate exclusively revealed the official Sapphire Rapids launch date. That date was not an on sale date, more of the official party and outing but the CSP set would get their product around that time. OEMs and others would get XCC CPUs a couple of months later, MCC chips moved into 2023, and HBM was relegated to TBD.
A little later Intel had a little whoopsie which took all those finely laid plans, in writing and on the official roadmaps mind you, and threw them in the blender. That said knowing what we know, Intel is doing the absolute right things here, short term pain and bruises from the financial set for long term gain. SemiAccurate may not be happy about the delay but we would do the same thing in their shoes. Speculation about the release stepping aside, when is Sapphire Rapids due now?
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What’s going on with Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC? - Sep 26, 2023
- What is the code name for the next Qualcomm laptop SoC? - Sep 19, 2023
- How fast is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC - Sep 19, 2023
- How is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC doing? - Sep 12, 2023
- A new player enters the ARM laptop SoC space - Aug 16, 2023