There is a lot of coverage of the dueling Dell buyout offers and more than a few rumors about a Dell buyout of Blackberry too. The two are tightly linked because Dell needs Blackberry and Microsoft needs Dell even more.
The idea here is quite simple, Microsoft desperately needs Dell to survive. That should be read both ways, it is imperative for Microsoft that Dell does not go under and irrespective of that Microsoft needs to buy Dell in order to stay relevant. While it may seem completely unrelated the RIM/Blackberry buyout rumors that involve Dell are unquestionably part of this chess match too.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Gigabyte’s ARM servers represent a sea change in the market - Mar 30, 2015
- VESA shows off working USB-C Alt Mode with Displayport - Mar 24, 2015
- UzBrain’s Rail Gun turns a toy weapon into an FPS controller - Mar 18, 2015
- Fotonation uses computational imaging to focus faces - Mar 17, 2015
- HSA foundation releases v1.0 of their namesake spec - Mar 16, 2015