There is a lot of coverage of the dueling Dell buyout offers and more than a few rumors about a Dell buyout of Blackberry too. The two are tightly linked because Dell needs Blackberry and Microsoft needs Dell even more.
The idea here is quite simple, Microsoft desperately needs Dell to survive. That should be read both ways, it is imperative for Microsoft that Dell does not go under and irrespective of that Microsoft needs to buy Dell in order to stay relevant. While it may seem completely unrelated the RIM/Blackberry buyout rumors that involve Dell are unquestionably part of this chess match too.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD puts massive SSDs on GPUs and calls it SSG - Jul 25, 2016
- AMD revamps workstation lines and adds three cards - Jul 25, 2016
- AMD unveils Loom and ProRender software - Jul 25, 2016
- Emulex puts NVMe over FC with NVMf - Jul 20, 2016
- ARM needed Softbank, Softbank wanted ARM - Jul 19, 2016