HOW DO YOU follow an 8-core Nehalem-EX server chip? If you are Intel, you do it with more cores, and that is exactly what Westmere-EX does.
The long story is that we need to make stories longer than one paragraph to satisfy the elves that run the SemiAccurate back end engine. Because of that, we can’t just say Westmere-EX will have 10 cores and end it there, the elf union gets annoyed at stunts like that. If you are still reading the article at this point, you should have stopped at the number 10 because that is the only real information the whole thing contains. We do thank you for your perseverance though.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel shows off 10nm 112Gbps SerDes - Mar 12, 2019
- Intel releases Compute Express Link spec - Mar 11, 2019
- Qualcomm rolls out a second gen 5G modem called X55 - Feb 19, 2019
- What is Intel’s Foveros tech and what isn’t it? - Feb 11, 2019
- Why SemiAccurate called 10nm wrong - Jan 25, 2019