End of year lulls allow you to do things you haven’t had time for before like stories about Samsung 14nm FinFET SoCs. Not much to say about them but there are a few pretty pictures.
At ARM’s Techcon a few weeks ago Samsung was showing off their 14nm tech in three forms, a wafer, a 14nm SoC board, and a demo system running on said board. Here are two of the three, a 14nm FinFET wafer and the board it is chopped up and placed into. Said board running a ‘phone’ emulator playing a video is just that, it works, yay but not worth a picture. Enjoy.S|A
14nm FinFET wafer – Any guesses on yield?
A phone dev system board for 14nm SoCs
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel shows off 10nm 112Gbps SerDes - Mar 12, 2019
- Intel releases Compute Express Link spec - Mar 11, 2019
- Qualcomm rolls out a second gen 5G modem called X55 - Feb 19, 2019
- What is Intel’s Foveros tech and what isn’t it? - Feb 11, 2019
- Why SemiAccurate called 10nm wrong - Jan 25, 2019