Yesterday SemiAccurate told you about large ARM server customer #2, today it is time for #3. Once again we will use the tired old adage of “told you” because we did, exclusively, years ago.
This customer is huge, a bigger CPU buyer than Microsoft, and has if anything, a larger commitment to ARM servers than Microsoft does. Both Microsoft and buyer #2 is in what Intel categorizes as the Super 7+1, the top-tier of customers getting the best prices on Xeons. This new mystery buyer #3 is also a member of that elite club, so who are they and who are they buying from?
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel launches Kaby Refresh 8th Generation CPUs - Aug 21, 2017
- Qualcomm ups Spectra ISP to 2.0 - Aug 15, 2017
- Coffee Lake is going to impact Intel’s margins - Aug 10, 2017
- SemiAccurate digs up Intel Coffee Lake specs - Aug 9, 2017
- Everspin hits the 1Gb milestone with new 28nm MRAMs - Aug 8, 2017