It looks like AMD just got a very interesting server part back from the fabs. SemiAccurate has learned that in late May, a surprise package arrived for the server team from Hsinchu, and it lays out an important timeline.
OK, we may be overstating it with the surprise bit but the package was very important for AMD. Any guesses what it is? Assuming you guessed right, you probably understand why it is so important too.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Where do Intel and TSMC go from here? - Aug 11, 2020
- Intel should not launch Ice Lake-SP - Aug 3, 2020
- How fast is Intel’s Ice Lake-SP CPU? - Jul 30, 2020
- What is Intel making at TSMC? - Jul 28, 2020
- Intel’s 7nm meltdown takes it’s first high level head - Jul 27, 2020