It looks like AMD just got a very interesting server part back from the fabs. SemiAccurate has learned that in late May, a surprise package arrived for the server team from Hsinchu, and it lays out an important timeline.
OK, we may be overstating it with the surprise bit but the package was very important for AMD. Any guesses what it is? Assuming you guessed right, you probably understand why it is so important too.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel might be launching discrete mobile GPUs - Oct 31, 2020
- ARM server vendor lays off 130 and cancels cores - Oct 30, 2020
- Interesting details emerge about Intel’s Rocket Lake CPU - Oct 30, 2020
- Codeplay joins the RISC-V foundation - Oct 29, 2020
- Intel’s palpable desperation on display with Rocket Lake - Oct 29, 2020