It looks like there is going to be a big shakeup in the SSD controller world, SemiAccurate is hearing of a long delay to a critical product. Unfortunately for the industry, if a critical component supplier making up a significant portion of the market doesn’t hit deadlines, everything else gets reshuffled.
Note: The following is a two parter or at least was meant to be that way. The first is the news, open to all subscriber levels, and the second portion is analysis for professional level subscribers only, but our back end didn’t like that. Instead we split it up into two stories, this is the one for Student subscribers, the version for Professional subscribers can be found here. Other than that, the two articles are identical. Apologies for the problems.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel guts Cooper Lake as well - Jun 25, 2019
- Intel makes major changes to the Whitley platform - Jun 24, 2019
- How is Intel solving their 14nm capacity problems? - Jun 13, 2019
- How big is AMD’s new Navi GPU? - Jun 7, 2019
- Intel kills off a (minor) product line - Jun 7, 2019